Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Reasons to Hate the Cable Company That Shall Not Be Named

I hate this cable company. Jon has gone into great detail about this company and why it is terrible. I have found a couple more reasons recently.

1. The HD channel numbers are completely different from the non-HD channel numbers. It has taken me 3 months to master the cable lineup, but we recently got an HDTV. So, I go to TBS, and it’s not in HD. So, I had to flip around the 700s for 5 minutes to find it. TBS is channel 29; TBS HD is like 743 or something, see I still don’t know it, because I’m not wasting my time memorizing two sets of numbers. (The TV in my room is not HD so I’m not going to just remember the HD channel numbers.) Comcast’s HD channels are the regular channel number with an 8 in front of it. Convenient! Also, Comcast gives you the option to go directly to the HD channel if you go to the regular channel. Convenience! Something the cable company that shall not be named hates.

2. I hate this company’s DVR service. I recently tried watching the Office and I had to sit through 3 car commercials during the show. It wouldn’t let me fast forward through them. It was the same god damn commercial. If it was one of those progressive Flo commercials, I would’ve seriously called the company. I’m not even joking. Those commercials and the Miller Lite “Man Up” commercials are an insult to the public consumer. If advertisers think that the public thinks those commercials are funny, then they have no respect for us.

3. I’m pretty sure we STILL don’t get NFL network. It’s fucking 2011 and the channel has been available for at least 5 years. Stop being so cheap, cable company who I’m not going to name.

-Pat the Intern

2 comments:

  1. It's currently not working. Those cock gobblers! All I want to do is relax and watch the Sox, and it keeps freezing.

    And I didn't proofread this one. Just a straight copy-paste job. Let's see if anyone notices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed one thing. I meant on-demand instead of DVR.

    ReplyDelete