Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Don't Get It

With new developments in technology, television networks are always trying to develop the next gimmick to watch sports. 3D televisions allow you to see the game in a whole new way . . . I guess. I don't know. I already have to put on glasses to watch tv because I'm irrational and refuse to get contacts, so I don't know how much I'd want to put on another pair of glasses. It just seems weird to me. But I digress. Then you have NBC (I think, it might be ESPN) telling me I can watch Sunday Night Football from 12 different angles over at NBC.com but none of those angles are shot from the perspective of the left guard's crotch. That's the view I really want. But I'd really just like to watch a game without 45 minutes of commercials. Yes it's delightful to have a touchdown-commercial-kickoff-commercial-first down sequence but I'm not sure that 11 seconds of gameplay was too much. But I continue to digress as this post as nothing to do with 3D technology or football.

I was watching the Kansas-Kansas State game last night and ESPN had two "coaches boxes" in the bottom left corner so that I could watch Bill Self and Frank Martin coaching the game I'm currently watching. So essentially I'm watching both coaches watching the same game. Now admittedly, Frank Martin is fun to watch because he's absolutely nuts. Like eyes bulging, intense stare down insane. Oh look, they called a foul on Kansas. Bill Self looks angry. Frank Martin . . . nope still looks insane. At what point in an ESPN meeting at their underground lair in Bristol was someone like, "People have asked for, nay demanded, cameras focused on the coaches at all times." I can't imagine it works for coaches that aren't certifiable. Like if I had to watch Coach K it would send me into a murderous rage having to watch that little rat faced prick whine and bitch that Kyle Singler isn't getting enough respect from the referees.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the appeal of watching coaches. I just don't get it.

-Slick

No comments:

Post a Comment