Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cabin Fever is. . .

a tasty beer that I had also never even heard of until last night.

Those BBC people really have a knack for making tasty brews. Now they just need to throw a little of that effort into their web page (it's a joke that keeps on giving!). They also need to make a better effort at getting their beers into bars. Well, bars that I go to at least. Slackers!

Buffalo Wild Wings is a nice little sports bar with approximately 30 televisions and a nice selection of beers on tap. Let's put it this way. If you have enough TVs to be showing multiple hockey games at the same time, you have to be doing something right. However, I didn't come here to review televisions or hockey (maybe some other time). While not nearly as intimidating as that bar in San Diego with 115 beers on tap, any row of taps with more than 20 beers can lead to "Draft Paralysis." Symptoms include stuttering and ordering of a crappy beer due to panic.

I finally settled on the Cabin Fever because I was still riding the BBC high of my Coffeehouse Porter from last weekend. Also, I had to avoid accidentally ordering ShockTop or Blue Moon. Blech. How gross are white ales? Ok, back on track. The Cabin Fever tastes really similar to some other beer that I've had before and enjoyed, but I can't quite recall which one. Possibly a Magic Hat #9, but I would have to try them back-to-back to be sure. Too bad this is a seasonal beer, so I will have to wait a while for that test. (Sorry, I looked it up. I am ashamed.)

Final verdict? Go buy a growler of it. That way, if you don't like it, you can give the rest to me.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment