Saturday, January 9, 2010

Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic is . . .

the most disgusting beer I've ever had. That even includes Scotch Ale, which as any loyal drinker knows is always the last beer left in the variety pack. But this post isn't about bashing on Scotch Ale although I'm sure that will be done at some point.


Before I opened it I was wondering why the Cranberry Lambic was the only beer left in my friend's fridge but I thought, "Hey it's a Sam Adams so it must be good." HUGE mistake. Going into the night my only goal was to drink a beer that tasted like shitty cranberry juice. Well then, mission accomplished. Now typically I like beers that have fruity flavors: blueberries, blackberries . . . and uh . . . pumpkins (which of course is not a fruit but I'll take any opportunity to promote Shipyard Pumpkinhead, by far the best pumpkin-flavored beer on the market). So there I was, faced with the choice of drinking a Cranberry Lambic or drinking nothing. Crangrape . . . good. Cranapple . . . good. Cranchops . . . probably good. So i decided that cranberry beer must be good because you can put cranberies with anything. Turns out that you can't so thanks a lot Brian Regan and your stupid cranberry related comedy. I was "not feeling well" when I had the Lambic so I can't really tell you why it sucks, but I know that it does.
That has to be the fastest I've ever gone from drinking a beer to "relocating" that beer, but hey that's how the supermodels do it.


So if you're at the liquor store thinking, "Cranberry beer, it's probably pretty good" trust me and my friend's throw-up-covered-kitchen-sink in saying that it'll be the worst beer you've ever had.


-Slick

No comments:

Post a Comment