Saturday, May 22, 2010

Iron Man 2 is . . .

an OK movie, but disappointing given how much I enjoyed the first one. There are definitely some enjoyable parts. The action sequences are still really good and the addition of War Machine to the Iron Man squad was pretty sick, but there is WAY too much filler in this movie. Hey Jon Favreau, Me, Chris and Lindsay don't give two shits about stupid ass Gwyneth Paltrow. Her character is really annoying. Why can't she just let Tony Stark do his thing? He's fucking Iron Man and she's his fucking assistant. Just shut the fuck up and let Iron Man run shit. Also whats the deal with ScarJar Binks? Why is she even in this movie? I'm not gonna complain too much cause she's really hot, but she is another example of more filler that takes away from the quality of the movie.

There were some bright spots in this movie. One was obviously RDJ's performance. It wasn't as good as the first Iron Man, but I still thought he was funny and enjoyable, especially the scene in front of the douchebag Senate guy. I think his name was Stern, and he is a real asshole. Mickey Rourke was pretty good as Whiplash, but he has an unnatural obsession with birds. By far the best performance in this movie was turned in by Sam Rockwell, the guy who played Justin Hammer. I thought this guy was awesome. I don't wanna give away any plot details but I'll just leave it at that. One question though: Who the fuck is Sam Rockwell? I have never seen this guy in anything. I even broke Rule 1 at mmmmopinions and looked up his IMDb page. I literally haven't seen this guy in anything since he played Head Thug in the first Ninja Turtles Movie. Get this guy in more movies.

So my overall review of this movie? Its a classic Level 3 movie. It's definitely not a must watch, unless you really like Iron Man, but I definitely would watch it again if it was on TV.

Here are some other movies I've seen recently and my two cents on each:

Kick-Ass: This movie was really good actually. Like surprisingly good. I had very low expectations going in and I really enjoyed it. Nic Cum Dumpster Cage was hilarious. It would be the best movie I've seen this year, if not for the next movie on this list. You should see this movie. WARNING - It is very violent. If you don't like blood and violence, you are a pussy and should avoid this movie.

Sherlock Holmes: Slick already reviewed this so I'll just say I second his opinion. Great Movie, Must Watch.

Star Trek: Another movie Slick reviewed. I liked it a lot, but not as much as Slick. I'll give it Level 2 status - should watch.

Terminator 3: An absolute train wreck of a movie. This movie was just fucking terrible. It actually made Terminator Salvation look decent. I hate myself for watching this movie. If you wanna hate yourself too, maybe need some motivation to cut your wrists, watch this movie. Otherwise avoid at all costs.

Terminator Salvation: I watched it after Terminator 3, so my expectations were impossibly low. It failed to meet those expectations, so I somewhat enjoyed it. It is still a pretty bad movie. Definitely pass on this. What's Slick's rating? Eh, Unimpressive? Sounds right to me
Note: Chris is Sam Worthington from this movie.

Law Abiding Citizen: I liked this movie a lot. (way too many positive reviews here. sorry guys) Its got Jamie Foxx and 300 aka Gerard Butler. Both guys deliver pretty good performances and there is a lot going on. 300 is a badass. Why does he take so many gay roles in fucking romantic comedies. Start killing people again. You're good at it. Rating: Level 2 - Should Watch

And so ends my triumphant return to blogging.

Coming Soon: Dances with Smurfs (Avatar) - Is this movie as bad as Lindsay says, or is she crazy? find out next time on MMMMopinions

-Matt

This blog is brought to you by the people at Gobias Industries

No comments:

Post a Comment