Saturday, August 14, 2010

Capt'n Eli's Rootbeer is . . .

without a doubt the most baffling name for a root beer that I've ever heard. Maybe you've heard of something sillier and I whole-heartedly invite you to let me know. With my quest for a puppy pool thwarted, I need a new quest in my life. Oh that's right; you know what's coming. It's MMMMRootBeer. (Is anyone tired of these MMMM jokes yet? Oh wait, that would be a good blog. Keep and eye out for the debut of MMMMjokes. I think it's somewhere on the list between MMMMCheese and MMMMStories. MMMM) Without any more of my usual much ado about nothing, I'll get right into the story and then leave like 3 sentences for the actual opinion.

Chuck came over yesterday to hi-jack our kitchen table and told us that he and mom were going up to Northampton to see Mia and her boyfriend's art exhibit and that afterward they'd be going to East Side Grill for dinner. Now since Mia, Northampton, and Art are my 3 least favorite things ever it was a really tough decision. (It was a joke. Everyone settle down. How could you not like Northampton?) I decided to go because the alternative was making something for myself to eat. To Northampton.

The art exhibition was pretty cool but there's only so long you can look at art so we walked over to Paradise City for a beer. I was under the impression that this was where the "girls are pretty" but it's actually the place where the girls play barbies. Did I use that expression right? I don't give a shit. Either way, I tried the beer that Jon had. It was like the Intimidation Ale or some other intimidating name. It was super hoppy. I didn't care for it. The spinach and artichoke dip however, was fantastic. Mom called it the best spinach and artichoke dip she's ever had. Look for her new blog . . . I'm just kidding. Mom doesn't know how the internet works.

Alright, we left Paradise City in order to make our reservation at East Side. I had the Seafood Risotto. It was pretty good but I think you're better off getting something else. Matt had the Blackened Scallops and Sirloin again, so I'm recommending that. This is of course, where the post comes from. Jon and I ordered some of Capt'n Ei's Root Beer for dinner. This is one of the best smelling root beers I've ever had. It smelled like a bowl of root beer barrel candy. It tasted pretty good but had the unusal quality of getting better the longer our meal went. I would get it again. If you like root beer, and you should because it's the best soda available, then you should try it.

If you're like me, and god help you if you are, then you were fascinated by the spelling. Capt'n. I was hoping it was "Cap'n", you know, like the cereal admiral. I decided to do the only amount of research allowed here, so I headed over to wikipedia. Apparently, Capt'n Eli is bottled by the Shipyard Brewing Company, and since we're nearing the end of the summer that can mean only one thing. It's almost time for Shipyard Pumpkinhead.

Score.

-Slick

[Editor's Note: The name of the beer was actually the Investigation Shutdown Ale. Still pretty intimidating.]

No comments:

Post a Comment