Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blogging at the Airport

Pat the Intern loves to travel. Unfortunately, when he travels he has to deal with airlines, the most unreliable industry ever. Example: I missed my connection flight today because the airline ran out of the fluid that de-ices the plane. So I get to sit in the Newark Airport for the next 7 hours like I'm Tom Hanks in that movie (Not Philadelphia or Joe Vs. the Volcano). So, I'd like to share the following:

There were some really depressing movies made by Disney in the 1990s. The Sandlot is really depressing. Not only does everyone move away, but the shortstop apparently got really into drugs and "no one ever sees him again." How about Angels in the Outfield? What a bunch of assholes at Disney, killing off Tony Danza because he smoked too many cigarettes. Disney could have made their point another way. Kill off that kid's asshole dad who won't be his father anymore even though he said he would if the Angels won the pennant.

I think I just saw Woody Harrelson walk by...

I know for a fact that I would have done better than any kid that was ever on GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, or Double Dare. I never got more angry than when the girl on the team would screw it up, costing the team a pair of BK Ratchtechs and a trip to Space Camp. Do you think the temple guards molested the kids when they captured them in the temple?

Nickelodeon shows today suck. Who looks more badass: this guy or this guy? The kids in these new shows are such bitches. They would never make it at Anawama or in the Ministry of Darkness.

Old video games are better than new ones. Old video games took effort, and you didn't have the luxury of saving your game or getting infinite continues. When you beat a game that you have started over and over and over again, you feel like you've accomplished something. Games nowadays don't even have an ending. They're just never-ending online mini-games that may be fun, but aren't as good as the old days.

There is a D-League basketball team that is sitting in the area I'm sitting in... The Bayhawks?

Based on their outfits, I am not able to tell a pilot from a sea captain.

There is a Rosetta Stone booth in the middle of the waiting area. Do people going to foreign countries buy them and think they will learn the native language on the flight over?

My Fast Food Bucket List is as follows:
  • In-N-Out Burger
  • Little Caesar's
  • P.F. Chang's
My Top Fast Food Places:
  1. Chick-Fil-A
  2. Dairy Queen
  3. Sonic
  4. Wendy's
  5. Jack in the Box (great milkshakes, which is really the only think I've ever had from there, but it was really good.
White Castle is overrated.

-Pat the Intern

1 comment:

  1. -I believe the Tom Hanks movie you are thinking of is Saving Private Ryan
    -You should have yelled "White men can't jump!!!" at Woody. I bet he never hears that.
    -Speaking of Woody, Moneytrain is just an awful movie.
    -How did Budnick not turn his stint on Salute Your Shorts into an epic movie career?
    -Sea captains should have eyepatches, pilots should not.
    -I got the Rosetta Stone for English and learned it all (more or less) on the way to London

    ReplyDelete