Sunday, January 30, 2011

Random Depressing Things

Apparently part of getting older is finding out that everything that was/is awesome is going to somehow let you down. For instance:
  • Mick Jagger is 67 years old.
  • Topanga is clearly on steroids.
  • Teen Mom is a popular TV show.
  • Jersey Shore is a popular TV show.
  • V stayed on the air and Flashforward got canceled.
  • I will never invent a time machine. Or I will invent one, but I'll turn into a huge douchebag and not use it to go back in time and give it to me now. Come on, future Jon, I need some sweet time traveling so that I can make the financial moves necessary to allow you the capital to produce the time machine later!
That is actually only a very small part of a brainful of sadness, but Slick has to verbally dissect some pop garbage tomorrow and he didn't want to have back to back lyrical posts. Or maybe he did. I only caught a short part of the conversation.

-Jon

2 comments:

  1. Also, Kesha is popular, that is really depressing.

    And 5th grade kids I have in my after school program watch Jersey Shore and got into an argument with me about it being an accurate portrayal of adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never argue with kids. Just explain to them that they are stupid and everything they say is wrong. Because they're stupid.

    ReplyDelete