Saturday, September 4, 2010

My First Fantasy Football Foray

I like alliteration.

Somehow, in my 28 years on this planet, I have never been a part of any Fantasy Football leagues. I have done a fair number of March Madness pools (from which I am generally eliminated from contention within the first 2 days of play) and even been in a Fantasy Basketball league (which I quit trying in after about a month due to the intense amount of attention and time it required), but somehow I have missed out on this fundamental piece of American culture. I think I should be a little ashamed of myself.

That is all about to change.

Nate has organized a family league, which is either going to be incredibly awesome, or lead to nobody talking to each other by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. I am not sure how seriously everybody is going to take it yet, so I don't have any odds on which way things are going to go. My guess is that some people will be all about it, and have a lot of fun (me, Matt, Chris and Nate probably fall into that category). Then there will probably be some people whose interest starts to wane, meaning they will probably start a quarterback on his bye week. I hope that if that's the case, I get to play those people in the later weeks. Hey, I need all the help I can get here.

The draft is coming up this Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes and what my prospects for domination are. I believe there are 8 teams in the league, so I am guaranteeing a top-10 finish.

Also, I wonder if I won that fantasy basketball league. . . . That would just be awesome.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment