Friday, September 3, 2010

The Sam Adams Harvest Mix Pack

Now normally Jon, aka "Slappy Bag", handles the beer posts. In fact, we've finally launched one of these gimmick spinoff websites. Head on over to MMMMbeers if you want to see his take on some adult beverages. However, since I'm not a contributor, you'll have to stay here if you want to see Big Slick spit some hot fire. Although if it follows my typical pattern I'll just make some completely unrelated comments before rambling through an opinion, leaving you no better informed than before. Boom, that's they way the Slick Dog rolls.

Alright, so the Harvest Mix Pack, previously mentioned in the Pumpkin Beer Breakdown, consists of Sam Adam's Harvest Pumpkin Ale, Octoberfest, Black Lager, Boston Lager, Irish Red, and a Slappy Bag favorite, Dunkelweizen. I really don't have anything useful to say about any of these beers so I'm going to throw some snap judgments at you. Octoberfest: awesome. Harvest Pumpkin Ale: also awesome. Boston Lager: a classic but go to mmmmbeers and see what SB had to say. Black Lager and Irish Red: both above average showings. Dunkelweizen: ummm this beer confuses me. Whenever I drink a new beer, I like to read the description at the top so that I'm better educated about what will be coming out of me later that evening (You can really taste all the hops!!!!) and also I like to sniff my beer because, well I'm sort of a freak. I'm guessing it's a delayed reaction to my parent's divorce. This beer smells fruity and checking the description, apparently it's supposed to taste like tropical fruits. Well, that just sounds delightful. Then I drank it and I thought, "I don't know why Jon doesn't like this, I think it's pretty good. It tastes like fruit; it's quite pleasant." True story, although I was talking to myself so no one can verify it happened. Then I kept drinking and the fruit flavor disappeared to be replaced by something not good. Why is my beer changing flavors? It's baffling. I really don't need a wide array of tastes and aromas, I just want my beer to taste good. There's 3 left in our fridge and since Slappy says they taste like feet, I'll probably have to drink those. Kind of like that time I was tricked into drinking a Scotch Ale but this won't be nearly as disgusting. I sort of like it but I'd rather drink the other 5 varieties first. I give this pack a 5.25 out of 6. I would certainly purchase it again.

You have no idea how many times I typed beef instead of beer in that post.

-Slick

P.S. I've yelled at you before but you doucheknuckles need to start leaving more comments. I don't care if it's "Slick, your writing sucks. You're not funny and your mother loves Jon more than you." Write something.

No comments:

Post a Comment