Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Lady Who Works at Riverside is. . .

a stupid bitch that needs to get kicked in the face by a karate master. Or kung fu master. Or ninja. Someone trained heavily in the art of kicking. I am referring to the lady who you give money to so that you can get a parking permit and take the T into the city, which is not exactly a privilege I like paying for. In the 2 minutes I had to deal with her (yes, it took 2 minutes for me to give her the necessary $5.75 and her to give me my change and parking ticket), she managed to piss me off twice.

First of all, her entire job is to take either $5.75 or $6.75 from people depending on whether or not they are parking overnight. Now to me, this does not seem to be a very difficult job. Especially if she has a cash register to clearly designate any necessary change. So I pull up with 2 $20 bills in my wallet. She tells me it will be $5.75 to park. I give her one of the bills, and she asks if I have anything smaller. Listen you dumb whore, the only possible bill that would work would be a $10, and obviously if I had one, I would have given it to you. Don't sit there and pretend that, as someone who takes money from people all day long, you don't have change for a $20 by noon and give me a dirty look about making you do more than hand me a quarter back. Maybe she was expecting exact change so she wouldn't have to do any actual work?

Secondly, you don't get to complain about anything if you are going to sit there the entire transaction talking on your cell phone. Fuck you, you dumb whore. It shouldn't take over a minute for you to figure out that you owe me $14 and a quarter. And I saw your giant bag of ones, so I know you had plenty of change the whole time. You were just making my life difficult because I interrupted whatever inane conversation you were surely having. I now hate you, and hope that you get a flat tire on the way home from work. I guess if there is an upside to this, the fact that she was basically shouting on her phone meant that she couldn't hear me muttering about her to Kathryn. The mutterings were not nice.

On the plus side, the Celtics won and I got to eat a burger. That's a pretty good day.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment