Friday, April 30, 2010

Holy Crap!

This is especially timely after Slick's recent posts. You should probably go check this out if you have any memories of playing Nintendo. If you don't have said memories, why do I hang out with you? Either way, I'll wait until you come back.

Did you see it? Did you PLAY it? How crazy is that? Personally, I prefer Mega Man and the guy from Contra (Spread Gun rules everything), but I also gave Link a try for a level, and then, for whatever reason, tried to get Samus not to suck terribly. Why do her bullets or laser pulses or whatever they are just stop? Poor Simon Belmont didn't get a turn yet (how can a whip be better than guns for Goomba annihilation?), and I didn't really see any point in using Mario since he had many chances during my childhood and always got stuck at 8-3. You suck, Mario.

I wish there was a way to play it with a real controller, because I just can't get my brain to successfully use my left hand for jumping and shooting instead of moving around. I have been playing these games for over 20 years (wow!), and the D-pad or joystick is always on the left. Always! NES? Left. SNES? Left. Playstation, PS2 and PS3? Left! N64 and Gamecube? Left!! Wii doesn't count. Hmm, I've possessed a lot of consoles. But more to the point: why must you taunt me, computer keyboard!??

I managed to make it through the first 5 levels before I got pissed off. Like Slick mentioned, this stuff is frustratingly awesome. Next time I am taking the warps though, because who the fuck plays video games normally? We use cheats! Warps are for hardcore motherfuckers!!

That was a really long (and unnecessarily so) link to one of the funniest videos ever made about Super Mario Bros. 2. Go watch that while I go drink beer.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment