Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ugly Americans is . . .

a really really crappy show on Comedy Central. It's probably one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I would rather watch Beautician and the Beast. I would rather listen to Fran Drescher for an hour. If I have to hear "Ya Mo Be There" one more time, I'm going to "Ya mo" burn this place to the ground. I may have watched The 40 Year Old Virgin last night. A quick aside, the "I'm going to" in the last one seems like it doesn't really need to be there. "Ya mo burn this place to the ground" would have worked just fine. But seriously, Ugly Americans sucks like a Ludlow Middle School 8th grade girl.

I watch Comedy Central frequently for Tosh.0 or South Park or Scrubs reruns. It's on a lot and nobody likes advertising their own shit more than Comedy Central. So I've seen commercials for Ugly Americans every commercial break for like 8 months. At least it seems that long. I thought this show was going to suck because nothing on the commercials looked funny, the animation looked shitty and frankly I couldn't figure out why there was a manfishthing and a zombie, which by the way was never explained. Nevertheless, I figured it couldn't be as bad as the Sarah Silverman Show or Tyler Perry's Meet the Shitheads and those atrocities are still on tv. But sweet Odin's raven, this show probably sucks just as bad. I don't remember laughing once and that's a bad sign when your show airs on Comedy Central. Other than not being funny, having 0 likeable characters and ultimately looking like ass this show had some real promise. Not that you were going to, but if you were thinking of watching this trainwreck just save yourself the time and have a friend punch you in the face instead.

Also, the South Park episode about Tiger Woods banging hoodrats and random street trash was just alright. I don't care if you call yourself the guru of pop culture or the Sports Fucker or whatever self-absorbed nickname you have, there's absolutely no chance that was a top 10 all-time episode. It had some decent moments but South Park is usually at its lamest when it tries to use a contemporary issue as fodder. Now the Ginger Kids episode, that's a mortal lock for my South Park Mount Rushmore. Just because a lot of people read your writing doesn't make you the end-all expert about everything. 6 and 1/2 people read my blog but that doesn't make me an expert . . . being awesome does.

I'm blowing 7 different kinds of smoke this week to end March on a real tear. Spoiler Alert: most of the smoke is just hate. Like you would have expected anything different.

-Slick

3 comments:

  1. Poor Ludlow Middle School, with it's loose moral standards. Actually, that sounds a lot like my school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just Google this wonder WTF??? I don't get the appeal and while there's a real time Twitter role call in Google's search and goodness every second someone's saying "watching Ugly American." I am in agreement with your take on the show and wonder how people can follow such nonsense. It's like a scary science experiment on how much garbage, utter nonsense and vulgarity people with absorb. The episode on has Manbirds fighting with their cocks and it ain't even 8pm. Where are those pesky right wingers and worried Mom's now in protest? People just don't give a "f" and if that's the social science behind the show, so be it. Sadly, we reap what we get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the show, it's just not funny. I don't mind vulgarity, I don't mind weird characters, but this show is poopy.

    ReplyDelete