Monday, March 1, 2010

A Little Investigative Journalism

Don't be fooled by that title, it's really nothing that important. I was looking on the Tosh.O website today for a clip I wanted to rewatch and there was something about the original "Rick Roll" video being removed, so naturally I went to Youtube and watched the video. Admittedly, I've seen this video about 50 times because it always makes me laugh and feel just a little bit better about myself that at least I'm not Rick Astley. But sweet baby Jesus did this viewing blow my mind. Watch the video and at the 1:15 mark begin paying close attention. Rick's doing his thing in a totally empty reception hall and apparently he's so good that the bartender begins to get a little freaky. Right after that at the 1:25 mark I'm pretty sure Rick Astley gives the internationally recognized signal to "suck it" made popular by DX of the World Wrestling Federation, I mean World Wrestling Entertainment, which by the way is a stupid fucking name. But that's not what this is about. There's another potential "suck it" at the 2:43 mark when the Vanilla Ice-looking motherfucker pulls it off but his is a little more ambiguous. The crux of the matter is this: did Rick Astley really just tell me to suck it?

-Slick

P.S. I'm a little jealous of his dance moves. Also, look for an entire review of this music video coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment